Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Okay - Blog Preparations for the New Year

I have been somewhat (alright VERY) bad about continuing my efforts to blog.  One thing I have read frequently is that, in order for blogs to be successful, they must be done regularly. Toward the goal of being more diligent in blogging, I have set up an appointment with myself to do this -- I won't tell you how frequently, but often enough to be of interest.

My second realization about my blog was that it does not have to be long to be of interest -- it needs to be of interest and value first and foremost.  I had hoped to present a program, Content is KING, where I included many reasons for the importance of content.  I still hope to present this topic at some future time - or write about this topic in a future blog.

My third idea for this blog was to share some of the information that I often share via Twitter or on my Facebook page.  Not everyone sees these messages, and some of the information and ideas are from other association professionals that you might find of interest.

Here is my "knowledge nugget" for this blog (actually more of a reminder than news, but just in case you didn't see it):

The USPS will be increasing postal rates effective January 22. • First Class Letter rate is increasing to $0.45 (up from $0.44)
• First Class Postcard rate is increasing to $0.32 (up from $0.29)
• Standard A Letter rate is increasing to $0.281 (up from $0.276)
• Non-Profit Letter rate is decreasing to $0.172 (down from $0.174)

This news should not be seen as the end of mailing to members and potential members.  Mail is still an invaluable tool in the marketing mix - just be sure that you mail to the correct audience with the correct message and frequency.

Enough for this post.  I want to wish you a very Happy Holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment